Saturday, October 5, 2013

Day 5: free to be honest







I think that as I am discovering what it truly means to walk in freedom with Jesus, there comes a time where one just needs to be honest.  I think all too often as I mentioned before, it's so easy to cover things up, wear the mask and float through life without allowing yourself to be discovered.

I think that the title, "free to be honest" may be a recurring title throughout this month! I feel as though there may be days where I just need to be honest, and today is one of those days.  This weekend I am beginning to feel the physical signs of what I believe is the miscarriage.  It's a tough physical reminder of the loss, and to be honest, it just seems wrong! Mike and I have gone back and forth trying to decide which scenario would have been better: ours or the sudden onset of a miscarriage without any forewarning.  The in-limbo period was hard, but I feel as though we have been able to mentally prepare for what we knew in our hearts would be the outcome.  

So all in all, I'm doing ok.  We still feel covered by the prayers of our family and friends and resting in the "peace that surpasses all understanding" (Phil. 4:7). It has been such an encouragement to have scripture come to life for us over the last few days.  But the truth is I'm ready to move on, and I really am hoping that this physical reminder is short-lived because it's hard!  


And I just wanted to say thank you to those of you who have been reading along.  Your kind words have been such a blessing to me!  It's confirmation that I'm doing exactly what God has called me to do.  

1 comment:

  1. You are 100% doing what you are supposed to be doing by sharing your heart! Keeping you in prayer. <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear feedback and welcome your comments!