Tuesday, October 29, 2013

day 29: free from fear (part 2)


{joining in with the nester in the 31 days blogging challenge. you can check out other topics here!}

((if you did not read yesterday's post, i recommend starting there and then coming back in order to get caught up. this post will make a lot more sense!!))


 
 
i believe that day by day the Lord has been showing me the beauty of living without fear.  that if i would just believe the truth He has spoken about me, i would not need the comfort of my fears because i can walk in the freedom of knowing that He is all i need. 
 
 
 

this verse has been jumping up and down trying to get my attention for awhile now, and at the start of this process, it finally did.  when i used to read this verse, i would see i am God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus, which is truly remarkable, but lately when i read it, i see that God has prepared certain tasks for me to complete. good things that He has purposed me for, and as long as my Fears hold me captive, am i fulfilling His purpose? am i completing these tasks He has created me for? what am i missing out on?

the other day i was listening to music while i prepared dinner, and while i was chopping some veggies, the words to this one song caused me to pause what i was doing. 

 

Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters
Wherever You would call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of my Savior
 
 
 
later on i sat down to really listen to the song and immediately was overcome with emotion knowing that this was exactly the freedom that the Lord is calling me into.  as i think about the kind of faith it takes to allow Him to take me deeper than my feet could ever wander, there is no room for fear.  fear says stay in the boat or don't wander too close to water's edge, hug your life jacket and put on an extra one while you're at it.  


but when i look upon my Savior's face and see His hand beckoning me to come, the language fear is speaking suddenly doesn't make much sense to me.  the boundaries that fear has built around me are stifling, and i'm ready to breathe the fresh air of freedom. 


{oceans (where feet may fail) hillsong}

can you imagine what life would look like if we believed that His grace abounds in deepest waters and that He is not in the business of failing.  it's just impossible!

and when fear comes creeping up on us and whispering in our ears, we shout back, i am His and He is mine!

and as we stare at the expanse of life before us, we simply rest in His embrace, hold tightly to His hand as He guides us, knowing that it is by His strength we prevail. 

imagining this life is freeing to me and step by step, by His grace and His strength, i'm shaking off the skackles......and leaving room for a couple swift kicks!!



3 comments:

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear feedback and welcome your comments!