Saturday, February 23, 2013

I'm It!

 So, I've been tagged & I must say, this is game of tag that I don't mind being "it".  Holly over at My Life, as Mommy & Wife  (check her out!!) tagged me to share a little bit about myself. 



1. Where were you born? Towson, MD - It's sad to me that I can't really claim to be a Marylander anymore since I've now lived in PA over half my life.

2. Were you named after someone?  I remember the time that I found out that my only cousin on my dad's side was named after our grandparents' dog, Shawn. Then my parents informed me that I was named after a Beach Boys song about a dog named Shannon.  I was quite offended at the time, but now I find it pretty funny!

3. If you have children, how many do you have? My husband & I have a son named Eli who is 17 months old. 

4.  How many pets do you have?  We have a cat whose given name is Emilio "Dink Dink" Sanchez Tribianni, but we just call him Dink.  (He was mine before we got married & his name - it's a long story!) And we have a golden retriever mix named Charlie that we rescued from Kentucky a little more than 3 years ago. 

5. What was your worst injury? In terms of an accident, when I was 4, I was riding on the back of my dad's bike in one of those seats (you never see them anymore!) & my foot slipped out of the little protector thingy (you know what I'm talking about, right?) & got caught in the spokes of the bike. It ended up tearing my Achilles tendon & I had to wear a cast from my knee down so that my Achilles would heal correctly.  I was too small for crutches so I was forced to crawl everywhere. So, yeah, 4 years old, knee-high cast, that was pretty bad!

6. Do I have a special talent?  When I was younger I would always imagine what talent I could show off if I was ever on Letterman for his "Stupid Human Tricks" segment.  Here's what I got: I can tie my hair in a knot with one hand.  (From all those years of hair-twirling) Probably not Letterman-worthy. 

7. What's your favorite thing to bake? Well, pretty much if I can eat the batter, then it's my favorite thing to bake. 

8. What's your favorite fast food? I stopped eating fast food a while ago, BUT if we are ever in the area of a Chick-fil-a, we ALWAYS make a stop. ALWAYS.

9. Would you bungee jump? 10 years ago, I would have definitely said yes. Now, not so much.

10. What is the first thing you notice about people? I notice what they are wearing. Not sure what that says about me, but it's the truth.

11. When was the last time your cried? Hmm...I choked up the other day listening to a worship song & a few days before that listening to a song by Jason Mraz.  Music does that to me. But an actual tears-flowing, snot-blowing cry? I'm really not sure! 

12. Any current worries? I am not a worrier.  I mean I have concerns that people might be able to smell the kitty litter box that I've neglected to change for the past few days when they come in the house, but as for worries, God is in control & He told me I have no need to worry, so I don't.

13.  Name 3 drinks you drink regularly.  Coffee. Chocolate milk. Water.

14. What is your favorite book? I have such a hard time picking "favorites" because I have such diverse taste.  I will say one of my all time favorite books is "Once Upon a Potty".  I still laugh every time I read it! It never gets old!

15. Would you like to be a pirate? Ok, to be honest, my first thought was I don't have what it takes to wear one of those girly pirate outfits & make it look good, so therefore I would look like a boy pirate & that just wouldn't be fun for me. Also, I think being out on a boat in the water for extended periods of time would get really old.  However, if I could be on the boat tied to the dock & sing pirate songs, that might be fun for a few hours. 

16.  What are your favorite smells?  Coffee.  Lilacs.  Anything coconut. Burnt matches. (I know, it's a little weird, but it's true)

17.  Why do you blog?  I ask myself this question a lot.  I like having this outlet & I hope that by sharing bits & pieces of my story I can encourage & influence others in a kingdom-impacting way.

18.  What song do you want played at your funeral?  Maybe the one about the dog named Shannon? I'm kidding, I've never actually heard it!  I've told my husband I want my funeral to be a celebration & a worship service because I know that's what I'll be doing, so I guess all my favorite worship songs!

19.  What is your least favorite thing about yourself?  Probably the fact that I think most people who have not known me more than 10 years have no idea who I really am because I have a really hard time allowing myself to "be me". 

20.  What is your favorite hobby?  I dabble in quite a few things: photography, crafting, DIY projects, reading. 

21.  What do you look for in a friend? Someone who is true to their word & that will agree to any crazy ideas that I come up with for us to do.

22. Name something you've done that you never thought you would do.  I once gave my friend Tara a pedicure. If you know me, you know that THIS IS A BIG DEAL! I HATE feet. Despise them.  They are the grossest things EVER to me.  I can't stand looking at some people's feet, let alone touch them without gloves on of course.  Even that would be stretching it for me.  But as a token of our friendship our Senior year of college, the night before graduation, we gave each other pedicures.  This was a history-making day, people. 

23.  What are your favorite things to do? Hang out with Mike & Eli, hang out with my parents, Instagram (I'm such a junkie), do projects, read (though I don't do it as much as I like), go to Target to shop the endcaps, go antiquing & thrifting, take roadtrips to Chalfont, Pa :).  

24.  Any pet peeves? Oh, a few too many.  Currently, my pet peeve is the shortening of words that are not meant to be shortened.  For example: obvs, totes, adorbs, gorg  (No offense if you practice this current trend) I'm just not sure why people think this is an acceptable thing to do. 

25.  What's the last thing that made you laugh?  My husband just showed me a video called "bad lip reading" & it was kind of funny.  You can find it on YouTube. It would be too much to explain & I'm tired of typing.


So, that's it. Perhaps you learned a thing or two?  

I'm tagging the ramblings of aimymichelle & Wonder Mom.  They are 2 of my newest followers & I'd like to get to know them better! 


2 comments:

  1. I am glad you got tagged! I loved reading this! I'd totally be amazed to watch you tie your hair in a bow one-handed. I know someone who KNOWs someone who know the trumpet player for David Letterman...HA! (No, seriously, I do!) Also, Chick-Fil-a? Uh-mazing. In fact, I totally blanked on the fast food thing. Those aren't up here like they were in Alabama. Addictive. Also, Maryland? LOVE! We lived there between our move from Bama to Jersey. Fell in love with MD and Delaware.

    I'm gonna be a new follower, especially since you are adorbs! (Oh...sorry!) ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Brianne, you totes need to hook me up so I can show off my talent on Letterman :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear feedback and welcome your comments!